A long list of friends and fellow musicians have expressed their sorrow and sadness following the news of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Davy Jones[/lastfm]‘ passing on Wednesday at the age of 66 as a result of a heart attack.
One very close friend and musical cohort who was hit hard by the loss of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Monkees[/lastfm] singer is [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Stephen Stills[/lastfm], who issued the following statement:
“I was deeply saddened to hear of the death of my friend Davy Jones. We have been good friends since his arrival in Los Angeles and at the beginning of The Monkees. As fellow horsemen, we had remained in contact through the years. Davy always managed to find time to come visit wherever I played. He was a class guy. And, he will be sorely missed.”
Jones is survived by his wife Jessica and four daughters from previous marriages. ~JZ.
More stories you’ll K-LUV:
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Everything You Need to Know
- Adam Sandler’s ‘Thanksgiving Song’ Revisited
- Bob Seger Talks Health Issues & New Glenn Frey-Inspired Album
- Eleven Gifts for Every Kind of ‘Stranger Things’ Fan on Your Holiday Shopping List
- Gene Simmons Apologizes to Fox News for Bizarre Behavior
- Steely Dan’s Donald Fagen Suing Walter Becker’s Estate
- The Limited Edition 2017 KLUV Christmas Ornament
- Artists Remember David Cassidy
- ‘Partridge Family’ Star David Cassidy Dead at 67
- Chief Hopper From ‘Stranger Things’ Dances to Rock and Roll Favorites: Watch