Sir Peter Blake, the artist of The Beatles‘ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, has recreated the iconic album cover.
The redesign came to celebrate the artists 80th birthday. It was posted on the Guardian’s website
with a cool interactive feature so you can see who each face on the cover is.
Many new faces adorn the artwork, including J.K. Rowling, Amy Winehouse, Noel Gallagher, Elton John, Elvis Costello, Eric Clapton, David Bowie and Ian Curtis. It was created for a retrospective at the Wayne Hemingway’s Vintage festival this July in England.
“I’ve chosen people I admire, great people and some who are dear friends,” Blake told the Guardian. “I had a very long list of people who I wanted to go in but couldn’t fit everyone in – I think that shows how strong British culture and its legacy of the last six decades is.”
More Stories You’ll K-LUV
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Everything You Need to Know
- Adam Sandler’s ‘Thanksgiving Song’ Revisited
- Bob Seger Talks Health Issues & New Glenn Frey-Inspired Album
- Eleven Gifts for Every Kind of ‘Stranger Things’ Fan on Your Holiday Shopping List
- Gene Simmons Apologizes to Fox News for Bizarre Behavior
- Steely Dan’s Donald Fagen Suing Walter Becker’s Estate
- The Limited Edition 2017 KLUV Christmas Ornament
- Artists Remember David Cassidy
- ‘Partridge Family’ Star David Cassidy Dead at 67
- Chief Hopper From ‘Stranger Things’ Dances to Rock and Roll Favorites: Watch