Livescience.com wondered how attached owners of smartphones are to their pocket-friend, and here’s what they learned.
What is the first thing on your mind in the morning?
- Phone – 35%
- Coffee – 17%
- Toothbrush – 13%
- Significant other – 10%
- Remote control – 6%
- Robe – 4%
- Other – 15%
* for me, it’s planning my radio show in my Sponge Bob shorts
How often do you use your phone?
- I am constantly checking my phone – 54%
- About once every hour – 36%
- A few times throughout the day – 6%
- Hardly ever – 2%
* as for myself, often, and generally for work and my gf. With her (4) kids in mind, you never know what’s going to happen:).
Would you consider turning back if you left your phone at home?
- Maybe – 51%
- Yes – 31%
- No – 17%
* yeah, I have to, and rarely do leave it.
How long could you last without your phone?
- 24 hours – 41%
- Indefinitely – 14%
- Less than an hour – 11%
* for me, less than 24 hours because it’s tied to my work
Where is your smartphone at night?
- On the nightstand – 55%
- In another room – 24%
- On the bed – 13%
- In my hand – 3%
- Other – 5%
* for my life, in another room. Don’t want to be bothered when sleeping.
For more details, click the source link below.
So, how do you rate in the above categories?
Source: http://www.livescience.com & Blake Powers
©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed