- Texas Rangers vs. California Angels – Globe Life Park – 7:05pm
- Addison Kaboom Town – fireworks show, at Addison Circle Park – 4970 Addison Circle Dr. Addison TX 75001 (north of Belt Line Rd.)
- Red, White & Blues – celebrating the 35th anniversary of “The Blues Brothers”, at Modern Art Museum of Ft. Worth – 7:30pm at 3200 Darnell St. Ft. Worth, TX 76107
Frisco Freedom Fest – at Frisco Square – 7:30pm
- 4th of July Music Fest at Billy Bobs – tickets start at $45
- Independence Day On The Bridge at Continental Avenue Pedestrian Bridge – 122 Continental Ave. Dallas, TX 75207 – 4-10pm
- Light Up Arlington: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Bluegrass Band/Brand Thompson at Lefitt Pavilion For the Performing Arts – 6-10:30pm
- Sachse Red, White, and Blue Blast at Heritage Park – 4408 Hudson Park
Sachse, TX 75048 – 6-10pm
- Denton’s Yankee Doodle Parade and Family Fun at Denton Civic Center – 9:30am
- Independence Day Celebration at Farmers Branch Historical Park – 6:30 – 9:30pm
- Concerts by the Creek: Allen Philharmonic Winds Patriotic Salute at Watters Creek at Montgomery Farm – 7-10pm
- Mansfield’s Rockin 4th of July at Big League Dreams Sports Park – 7-10pm
- Spirit of Coppell Celebration and Fireworks at Andrew Brown Community Park East – 7-10pm
Friday – Sunday
- Coca Cola July 4th Fest at Six Flags over Texas – 9:30am – 10pm – tickets start at $54
- Lakewood Mini-Marathon Fun Run at Lakewood Country Club – begins 8am
- Fourth of July Community Parade – Robson Ranch – 9am-10am
- Arlington 4th of July Parade at Arlington City Hall – 9am-11am
- Spirit of Coppell Patriotic Parade at Coppell City Hall and Town Center Plaza – 9am
- Irving Independence Day Parade at Irving Heritage Park – 9am – 12noon
- Lake Highlands Fourth of July Parade and Carnival at Lake Highlands North Recreation Center – 9am – 12noon
- Lakewood Fourth of July Parade at Lakewood Country Club – 9:15am – 12noon
- Copper Canyon 4th of July Parade at Copper Canyon City Hall – 10am
- Independence Fest Children’s Parade at Lewisville ISD William T. Bolin Administrative Center – 10am
- Plano Lions Independence day Parade at Plano ISD Administration Building – 9am-11am
- Patriotic Pooch Parade – Murphy City Hall – 206 N. Murphy Road , Murphy, TX 75094
- City Of Rowlett – “Fireworks At Bayside” with 98.7KLUV’s Blake Powers. This family friendly event includes children’s activities, arts and crafts, a game truck, live music from headliner and Grammy award winning group “Sister Sledge”, plus “Memphis Soul”! Also, plenty of food and a remember to ask Rowlett Parks and Recreation staff members about the social media contest and with your chance to win a year’s supply… of Chic-Fil-A! More details at http://www.rowlett.com
- North Dallas Toy Show – at Valley View Center Mall on Preston Road in Dallas features over 50 vendors selling vintage and collectible toys from your childhood. Children’s activities are included, plus half-price admission for adults. *See https://www.facebook.com/northdallastoyshow
- Texas Rangers vs. California Angels – Globe Life Park – 8:05pm
- Texas Rangers vs. California Angels – Globe Life Park – 6:05pm
Now- July 5
- “Dirty Dancing” – Music Hall at Fair Park – 909 First Avenue at Parry – Dallas, TX 75210. 214-691-7200 or see http://bit.ly/1JkiX9z for more details.
- “Annie” – at Winspear Opera House – enjoy this new production of one of the world’s most love musicals. More info at http://www.attpac.org/on-sale/2015/annie/
Now – July 31
- The Flying G Summer Ranch Camp in Waxahachie offers Horsemanship lessons, barn classes and trail rides. After lunch, campers trail ride through wooded paths and meadows on their way to Camp Crystal Lake. * See http://bit.ly/1MP74G6 for details.
Now – August 21
- The Wonderful Wizard Or Oz Exhibit – at Grapevine Convention and Visitors Bureau allows you to take a walk along the Yellow Brick Road with the exhibit featuring 11 sections, each focused on a different aspect of the story. FREE admission. See http://bit.ly/1Rd4tas for more details.
Now – Aug. 23.
- “Fantasy In Sand” – the 3 million pound Wizard of Oz themed sand exhibition with 16 sand-sculptured scenes from the film, plus American landmarks (Lincoln Memorial, Statue Of Liberty and Mount Rushmore), continues! Plus, children can create their own in a giant sandbox. Click http://bit.ly/1Rd4f39 for additional details.
Now – September 7
- The Gaylord Texan Resort’s 12th Annual Summerfest is family friendly and offers culinary programs, a 10 acre pool and lazy river playground, Paradise Springs. Info at http://bit.ly/1Bm5rPX
- “Giants Of The Jurassic” at the Dallas Zoo features 20 roaring animatronic dinosaurs, plus a world-renowned interactive theater puppet experience, “Earth’s Dinosaur Zoo Live”. Details at http://bit.ly/1eraEvB
- Amazing Animals: Built To Survive – according to their website, “Discover the marvels of natural engineering—and see how humans can draw inspiration from the innovations in the animal kingdom! Feel the pressure of a giraffe’s heart, catch the wind with your own simulated wings, slow down the graceful gate of a sprinting cheetah and more as you make your way through this wild exhibition. More info at http://bit.ly/1G4BrV9
Now – Nov. 8
- “Grit and Grace: Visions of The West exhibit is at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame, including 28 paintings of Terri Kelly Moyers, which include cowgirls, western landscapes, and the western lifestyle. Info at http://www.cowgirl.net/
- Summer Camps at The Dallas Arboretum – if you have kids age 3-8, check into (9) different summer camps to entertain and inform your little ones, including: Little Critters, Splish, Splash!, Eureka! Creepy Crawlies, Red, White and Blue, Snow in July?, Adventure Camp, Baby Bugs and What Parents are Saying. * See http://www.dallasarboretum.org/education/summer-camps for info.
- Baseball: America’s Presidents, America’s Past Time – exhibit at the George W. Bush presidential Center at SMU. This exhibit uses baseball-related documents and artifacts from its archives as well as from other presidential libraries. Details at http://www.bushcenter.org/
©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed