Looking for #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW? Here are a few!
- Dallas Mavericks vs. NY Nets – American Airlines Center – 7:30pm
- Lynyrd Skynyrd at Winstar Casino
- KISS at Choctaw Casino
Friday – Sunday
- Denton Black Film Festival at Campus Theater – s a three day fest of engaging and entertaining films and events, with programming for the family inspired by the African-American experience. DBFF seeks to offer the works of local, national and international filmmakers, that often are not seen by a broad audience and may not be recognized through major theatrical release.
- ZestFest at Irving Convention Center – Las Colinas – showcases the spiciest exhibitors and products from around the country for one sizzling weekend. ZestFest is the ultimate party for bold and flavorful food enthusiasts with events such as cooking demos by celebrity chefs, live music, Fiery Food Challenge, and thousands of bold food samples. Admission on Friday is $12 ($11 online); a weekend pass is $33
- Harlem Globetrotters World Tour – American Airlines Center – 2-4pm – The Harlem Globetrotters celebrate their 90th anniversary with a star-studded roster that will have fans on the edge of their seats. Witness the Globetrotters ball-handling wizardry, basketball artistry and one-of-a-kind family entertainment. The team is dedicating this season to Globetrotter legends Meadowlark Lemon and longtime Plano resident Marques Haynes, who both passed away in 2015.
- 4th Annual Hypnotic Donut Dash at Fair Park blends two of their favorite things – donuts and running. The Donut Dash will take place in the Grand Place at Fair Park, starting at 8 a.m. with a One Mile Fun Run, an 8:30am 5K, and an after party. The Hypnotic Donut Dash is teaming up with Carry the Load again this year, which provides “an interactive way for Americans to remember, honor and celebrate Memorial Day in dedication to those who sacrifice for us daily.” Your entry includes Hypnotic Donuts, a donut party, Chip Timing for the 5k, free parking at Fair Park (before 8 a.m.), a t-shirt for all entrants, finisher medal, a free beer from Deep Ellum Brewing Company and coffee from Oak Cliff Coffee Roasters, access to food and other various vendors, and lots of great photo-ops. You can even register just for the party and not run. Groups are encouraged to enter and dress to impress. Participants can even register for the ever popular Chubby Bunny contest.
- Dallas Bridal Show at Dallas Market Hall offers you an opportunity to connect with over 300 area wedding businesses to help plan your special day!
- Lewisville HodgePodge Market at Premier Event Center offers booth after booth of gifts, original art, crafts and more. If you like handcrafted, vintage, original art, or unique, small businesses, we have it. Free bounce house for the kids. First 50 shoppers through the door each day will receive a “swag bag” and one lucky shopper will win the “Super Swag Bag.”
Saturday & Sunday
- Dallas Travel and Adventure Show at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center – Dallas, offers info on thousands of authentic travel experiences. Speak directly to travel experts who can customize a trip to your needs, and give you the knowledge you need to travel like a local. Along with knowledgeable travel professionals, the expo features an expanded content-filled program. Keynote speakers include Pauline Frommer, editorial director of the “Frommer Guides” and publisher of Frommers.com; Rick Steves, travel writer, host of “ Rick Steves Europe” and “Travel with Rick Steves” and “Europe Through the Back Door;” Emmy Award-winning investigative reporter and producer and CBS news travel editor Peter Greenberg.
Now – Sunday
- Dallas Arboretum – $5.00 admission
Now – Feb. 6
- Ft. Worth Stock Show & Rodeo – look for daily rodeo action, carnival fun, acres of shopping, kid-friendly attractions and much more during the 120th Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo. The event features Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association and specialty rodeo performances, as well as exhibitors with animals such as cattle, horses, rabbits and sheep.
Now – Feb. 14th
- I Love You, Your Perfect, Now Change – at Theater Three, is celebrating its 16th year as a Theatre Three tradition, for a limited engagement in the intimate downstairs venue, featuring two married couples, Kim and Max Swarner and Amy Mills and Doug Jackson. This hilarious revue pays tribute to those who have loved and lost and lived to try again. Smartly conceived with catchy tunes and witty lyrics (Book by Joe DiPietro, Music by Jimmy Roberts), this affectionate look at love and marriage is as amusingly appropriate today as when it first opened in New York in 1996. Audiences fill the theater with laughter as the cast explores the joys of dating, romance, marriage, lovers, husbands, wives, and in-laws.
Now – Feb. 21
- Dinosaurs Live! – at The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary – see the 46-foot T-Rex and (9) new life-size animatronic dinosaurs along the Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary’s nature trails at the 9th annual Dinosaurs Live! Life-size Animatronic Dinosaurs exhibit. See the dinosaurs move and hear them roar! Photo op and play area dinosaurs will be available as well. The dinosaur trail is jogging stroller friendly.
Now – Feb. 29
- Penguin Days at The Dallas Zoo – through the end of February, Dallas Zoo’s admission price drops with the temps. Dallas Zoo guests can visit the African penguins (and all the other 2,000+ residents) for just $5 per person. (Children age 2 and younger and Dallas Zoo members are always free.)
Share #WeekendThangsToDoInDFW with family, friends, co-workers, and people you’d just like to avoid, through Sunday… :).
©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed